Wednesday 11 January 2012

So why have I named this blog Black Pants Syndrome?

If there was such a thing I am sure I have it! I tend to wear only black pants! And I am so over it I am ready to burn them! This is the plan! After I loose the additional 14kg that is attached to butt and various other body parts.

You see I am only 158cm tall and weigh 71.2kg! Which some might say isn't that bad, but to me I feel like a blimp! I have a life style that requires a lot of energy and at this weight I feel like I am constantly anchored down and cant move!

I am 35, mum to two girls 15 and 9 and a husband that is totally obsessed with fishing! I am a nurse, I love gardening and my garden is huge and still needs lots of work,not to mention the house renovations!  I paint art, love cooking for other people, coach Netball and I am a qualified florist as well. I dream of playing married ladies netball next season 14 kg lighter!  

So in order to loose the 14kg and to finally burn the 'BLACK PANTS' I have decided to join Michelle Bridges 12 week Body Transformation! Round 1, 2012!

I am writing this blog for my own accountability I need somewhere to vent my frustrations and to celebrate my achievements! 

Does anyone else out there tend to wear the same clothes because they don't fit into anything they have in their wardrobes and don't dare to try on anymore clothes because of the shear frustration and disgust!

Today I learnt that I  need to try on clothes and be frustrated, like today my husband and I took the kids shopping and my 15 year old had a ball shopping, but I was standing back and dared not to look at any clothes, I'd look at myself in the clothes shop mirror and felt an overwhelming feeling of disappointment and sadness... Today set in concrete why I am doing this! I have to for me!

2 comments:

  1. Great post Christyn!
    I have staples in my wardrobe that I always turn to as my 'comfortable clothes', certain pairs of jeans that make my butt look smaller and tops that hide a muffin top.
    The way I see it is that by the end of the 12WBT, the muffin top wont be there, so there will be nothing to hide!
    Good luck!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Skye,
      I really appreciate this! I need this 12WBT for my mind as much as I need this for my body!! I think I wear the black pants as some sort of protective mechansim becasue when I try on other clothes that don't fit I have to face the issue that I am not happy! Good luck Skye and over the next 12 weeks we can chat again.

      Delete