Monday 30 January 2012

Black Pants Syndrome Update!

Hello everyone,

I have been running/walking 30 minute sessions on that treadmill ( in between watching the tennis!)  But one thing I was thinking about the next day after my quads were hurting it is no wonder people stop exercising when you think about the pain we go through to get that rush of feel good emotions. I suppose its a bit like child birth in a way;  'it hurts  for a while but then you get the baby at the end and you feel like your on top of the world!' well that's how is was for me anyway. 

 I didn't play netball this season as I had glandular fever but last year we got into the grand final and won! but I remember it was the journey getting there that was the best part.  In the finals we were one goal down (I stuffed up a pass) and I pushed myself so hard that game to get that ball into the ring to our GS Jane with a minute on the clock, thankfully I got that ball into the GS and Jane had a penalty shot and we won the match! I was on a high for a week!

 I want that feeling of euphoria again!  I want to feel that emotion again! So even though after training I feel the pain the only way to get what I want  is to KEEP TRAINING!

I commit to my self that I will loose the 14.2kg of FAT from my body which will result in increased confidence, allow me to go rock climbing with my daughter, play netball again, coach netball confidently and be a good role model to the netballers I coach, go down a water slide with my daughter, practice shooting with my netball crazy 15 year old, enjoy alone time with my husband with out the feeling of embarrasment, have more energy to design and attend to my garden, to fit into a pair of jeans, to be more confident to seek out other adventures what ever they maybe. I accept that there will be with out a doubt UPS and DOWNS along my journey but that is not a reason to quit, it is a reason to keep going!!

2 comments:

  1. And the start is nearly here - best of luck, I am sure you will achieve all your goals! I have three netball crazy girls - 2x15, 1x13 & in season we live at the courts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Trudi,

    Iknow I can do it!! I have my 9 year old starting netball this season! Elly, 15 is really excited!!!

    ReplyDelete